A good baby mattress should have the following qualities:
- Firm- Babies and children should sleep on firm mattresses that support their growing body optimally. Their mattress should neither be too soft nor too hard.
- Breathable– A good mattress for babies should be breathable (this reduces the chances of suffocation and manifestation of germs/ pests).
- Natural/ High quality– Also, a new born’s mattress should be preferably made of natural, high quality materials.
- Skin friendly- It is always advisable to use cotton/ other skin friendly cloth on a baby’s mattress.
- Waterproof– A baby’s mattress may require additional waterproofing for hygiene reasons.
- Unused– A new born’s mattress should be unused. Used mattresses may have the risk of infections and germs that have previously manifested in it.